Have you ever wished you could test out new software quickly and securely without jeopardizing your computer? Need the ability to roll back to a previous configuration quickly and easily while testing software upgrades? Is that free / perfect / useful research program only available for a platform you don’t use?
Over the past 5 years, virtualization has gone from specialized server usage and niche tech status to mainstream every-day use. Join the COE Computing and Technical Staff as we explore the following topics:
- What is a ‘virtual computer’? (and other useful terminology)
- VM usage in research applications
- Configuring a VM
- Access to COE prebuilt virtual appliances
- COE hosting of research virtual workstations
- Virtual caveats, cons, and downsides
Join us in Hill Conference Room on May 9th at noon – feel free to bring your lunch. If you can’t make it, the seminar will be recorded and be available at https://tech.coe.drexel.edu/.
Hope to see you there!
Computing and Technical Services
Drexel University College of Engineering